Is the Duolingo English Test accepted for visas?

Yes! The Duolingo English Test is accepted for visas in the US as well as Ireland.

For the UK and Canada, it depends on which method you use to apply. Traditional study permits require acceptance at a designated learning institution (DLI). If the institution to which you’re applying accepts the Duolingo English Test as part of their application process, you may not have to take any other English tests in order to obtain a study permit. Students from certain countries may also apply for a study permit through a process called Student Direct Stream (SDS). Currently, SDS only accepts IELTS, and no other English tests, as part of this application process. For further questions about study permits and immigration, please contact the institution to which you’re applying, or a licensed immigration consultant.

Was this article helpful?
3 out of 3 found this helpful