You can take the Duolingo English Test on the web using the using the latest version of one of these browsers on your computer. We recommend the following configuration for your device:
- An internet connection with at least 2 Mbps download speed and 1 Mbps upload speed.
- A computer running Windows XP Service Pack 2 or newer, or Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or newer.
- On the web, the latest version of one of the browsers is required to take the Duolingo English Test. The Quick Test is compatible with most modern browsers.
In addition, please make sure your test device satisfies these requirements:
- Check to see that you have a stable internet connection before starting so that the test doesn’t get interrupted.
- Make sure your device microphone is working.
- Make sure your device has a working camera focused on your face.
- Make sure your device speakers are working - you will not be able to wear headphones.
- Make sure you will not be interrupted by notifications from emails, calendars, or other programs. Interruptions may cause the test to automatically end and become invalid.
- Make sure you use one of the supported browsers and give us permissions to share your screen with us.
- Make sure you don’t have any browser extensions installed that may interfere or aid with the test.
- Please note that moving your cursor outside of your browser may result in an invalid test.
For additional assistance, please contact Support.