While taking the Duolingo English Test, you will need to comply with the following rules.
- Make sure you are alone in a quiet, well-lit room.
- Make sure your ears are always visible and not covered (e.g. covered by hair, a hat, etc.).
- Make sure your face is visible and not obscured by sunglasses or other accessories.
- Do not wear headphones or earphones.
- Do not use any outside materials, including mobile devices, notes, or textbooks.
- Do not communicate with anyone else.
- Do not use any writing utensils or paper.
- Do not leave the test window on your web browser for any reason.
- Do not look away from the screen.
If you violate any of these rules, Duolingo reserves the right to invalidate your test results and take more severe measures as listed on this page.