In order to take the test, you will need a working web camera and microphone.
If your camera or microphone are not installed properly, you will be unable to start the test.
Unsure if your camera and microphone are enabled for the Duolingo English Test desktop app? Please follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows Start Button > Settings > Camera or Microphone.
- Scroll to see Allow desktop apps to access your camera (or microphone).
- Enable camera (or microphone) access by selecting the button until you see the word "On."
- Go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab.
- Unlock (click) the lock icon in the lower left to allow you to make changes to your preferences.
- Click Camera in the left sidebar and then select the checkbox next to the Duolingo English Test app icon.
- Click Microphone in the left sidebar and then select the checkbox next to the Duolingo English Test app icon.