Can I use the Duolingo English Test to apply for a study permit in Canada?

Yes! However, it depends on which method you use to apply. 

Traditional study permits require acceptance at a designated learning institution (DLI). If the institution to which you're applying accepts the Duolingo English Test as part of their application process, you may not have to take any other English tests in order to obtain a study permit.

Students from certain countries may also apply for a study permit through a process called Student Direct Stream (SDS). Currently, SDS only accepts IELTS, and no other English tests, as part of this application process. 

For further questions about study permits and immigration, please contact Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the institution to which you’re applying, or a licensed immigration consultant.

Was this article helpful?
6 out of 7 found this helpful